Healthy Breakfast Idea!
This burrito is very simple and takes only few minutes to prepare and its perfect for any day! The best part of the burrito is you can take it anywhere and when you are in a rush, just wrap it and take it on the road and enjoy! So now you have no excuse to miss your breakfast so let’s get started.
Prep time 5 min Cooking time 5 min Serves 2
Chef’s Note: Always buy a firm avocado and let it ripen in your kitchen, if you buy a ripe avocado it will be turn mushy and dark brown.
** Avocado is considered a superfood – even though it’s high in calories and fat – but its good fat full of folate, Vitamin E and lutein that can help protect the body from heart disease, cancer, degenerative eye and brain diseases.
2 small whole grain tortillas
1 ripe avocado
2 medium eggs
6 cherry tomatoes halved
2 tbsp low-fat cottage cheese
1/2 tsp fresh herbs (optional)
Salt and pepper for taste
- Crack the eggs in a small bowl and whisk
- Spry a small frying pan with cooking oil and heat the pan
- Pour the eggs and make a quick scrambled eggs by moving the edges forward with a wooden spoon until thickened to your liking
- On a cutting board place two tortillas down and divide the scrambled eggs between them
- Top each tortillas with cherry tomatoes and spoon of cottage cheese
- Cut the avocado with a sharp knife and twist and separate it. With a slight tap with a knife the pit will stick to the knife and remove
- Score inside the avocado in a diagonal pattern with a knife and scoop out each half of the avocado in each of the tortilla and sprinkle fresh herbs
- Season with salt and pepper if needed and wrap and secure with a took pick
- Or Wrap it in tin foil and take it on the go and enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: 1 serving (based on 1 Tortilla wrap): Calories 405; Carb 38 g; Fibre 9 g; Fat 23 g; Sat Fat 5g; Protein 15 g; Sodium 331 mg; Potassium 653 mg